Thursday, December 13, 2012

On Parker Turning Five...

I cried when I saw him for the first time. God, he was beautiful. And I know everyone says that about their baby, but he truly was. We were joined by family and friends who all sang happy birthday to him right there in the hospital room. Such joy filled the air as we welcomed this special gift into our life. I felt at peace as the friends and family left for the evening, leaving me and Parker alone to bond as mother and son. I stared at him as he lay sleeping next to me, proud and grateful that God chose me to be his mommy.

Parker is such an incredible child. He’s grown into this little person that I am so in love with. He is so funny and provides plenty of laughs for those around him. He says such silly things, and it’s nearly impossible not to be entertained by this bright, creative child. He loves video games, race cars, sports and movies. But most of all, he loves his family. Our favorite times together are taking walks together or finding a beautiful trail for a hike. Or, those quiet times at night as we read a book together as a family or snuggle up on the couch to catch our favorite shows or have a “Redbox” night.
I love our drive to school together and ride home in the evenings. The conversations we have are priceless, and I love that he is becoming his own person. We talk about his day at school, his friends and teachers, but the most common thing that comes up on those rides home is what we are having for dinner (growing boys sure are hungry!).  I love his conversations with God and how he is so grateful for the simplest things in life such as his family and home. I love watching him experience new things and new places, and the expression of awe on his face and the unforgettable laughter that comes with that moment.

I can’t believe he’s five. Not quite the baby he was so long ago when I was meeting him in the hospital or watching his first steps. But he’ll always be my baby boy. He’ll always have my heart and I’ll always do whatever it takes to make him happy. His spirit is inspiring and I hope he always remains as sweet, loving, and happy as he is today.
This year I’ll be hosting Parker’s birthday party on my own birthday. I couldn’t imagine a better way to celebrate my birthday, than to celebrate his existence with family and dear friends. 
Parker Bryan Brothers, Happy 5Th Birthday. My love. My Lil Man. My ParkStar. Bubba. Bubby. Poopers. I hope your 5th year of life brings you tons of smiles and lots of laughter.
I love you lots and lots and then some more,
Mommy









 

No comments:

Post a Comment