Monday, January 3, 2011

My Wishes For 2011

I just turned 30 in December. And so far, it's been good to me. I have the support of family and friends that any girl would be lucky to have. I have a boyfriend who will soon be my fiance and kids that are incredibly wonderful and inspiring. I have a job I love and am blessed enough to have obtained after losing my last one in March of 2010. I have co-workers that are accepting, kind, and helpful on any given day. I have a home for my family and a car that gets me to where I need to go. And...I'm losing the weight that has been burdening on me...both mentally and physically.


What will 2011 bring me? I am hoping all GOOD things.

My wish for 2011 is for happiness for all my family and friends. And for my own family as well.

I hope that my relationship with Tim thrives and becomes the ideal relationship for the both of us so that we can both achieve our individual happiness but as a team. I aspire to be a better mom to my children and give them the things I couldn't give them before. All I want is two happy, healthy children who need, want for nothing and to see their laughing, smiling faces every day. I hope to thrive in my career. Not only money-wise, but peace of mind in what I'm doing every day when I come to work. Project management has been a challenge, but it's provided me a stepping-stone in my career and I'm grateful for the opportunity. I still have thoughts of becoming a teacher, and I'm weighing my options at this point...but whatever I decide, I'm in a good position to do whatever I want professionally speaking.

I hope to spend more time with my family, as well as Tim's. Life is too short not to soak up all the love our families offer. I hope to set aside one night a month for each of our families or relatives so that we can build more memories for us and our children. I've always had a wonderful relationship with my own family, but I am grateful to have a second family now that is warm and inviting. They have made me and Riley feel as if we are their own, and I love the quality of people they are and how they have made me feel loved. It's a blessing to have two families that love you and who you adore back. Life is good right now. I have a lot of love and feel grateful for every bit of it.

I hope to set more time aside for my friends and their children, so that our own children know each other like family...to build and maintain memories for years to come.

For my mom, I hope 2011 brings you less stress at work, more possibilities to travel to places she's always dreamed of going, to enjoy her life as a woman and not just a mother (we are grown!). Don't get me wrong, I still need my mom as much as I needed her as a child, but I want her to live her life to the fullest and not worry so much about us.

For my dad, I hope 2011 brings you better health, less danger at the workplace, more visits from family and friends (this includes me!), a peace of mind and heart, and better days.

For Richard, I hope 2011 brings you a big raise at work (hey---anything is possible!), maybe a woman friend who appreciates you for the wonderful, interesting, fun, and cool person you are. Someone who recognizes what a great father you are to your girls and the sacrifices you've made for them. I wish better health for you, weight loss too (you are doing GREAT so far you skinny-faced cutie!).

For Stephnie, I hope 2011 bring you more savings, so that you and Brad can buy that house you've always dreamed of. I hope you both thrive in you careers and that you are compensated accordingly. You already seem to have a happy home life, but my wish for you is to be able to enrich that even more.

For Chris, I hope you find a purpose in life. It's never too late to do the things you've dreamed of doing. You are smart. Beyond smart. You are kind-hearted and family-oriented and I wish you had the confidence in yourself that I have in you. I wish for you to jump on the weight-loss wagon me and the rest of the family have, too. You are trapped in a body that does not reflect your insides and I see how that affects you socially. Have confidence on who you are on the inside and start making those changes for a better life. School is always an option, and I have faith that if you put forth the effort, you will be successful. A little love in your life wouldn't hurt either. Someone is surely to see beyond the tough exterior and into the heart of gold you have!

For Kristin, I hope you succeed in school and in life. You have all the right tools. You are hard-working, kind, generous, and strong. I am so proud of the woman you have become and I know you will just get better and better with age. You are my niece, my adopted daughter, and my friend. Please keep going in the direction you are heading and you will achieve nothing less than greatness.

For Cecilie, finish school. Apply to a really great artsy/music school and be the unique, talented individual you are. Be yourself and own it. Never be ashamed of being different. This makes me PROUD of you. I wasn't always like everyone else and in many ways, I'm still not :). Embrace your individuality and make use of it in a positive way. Keep up with your artistic and musical talents and you will be happy in life.

For Tyler, keep playing football buddy. You are becoming a star on the field and you are going to go far. Better start pumping that iron at the gym! You were my first nephew and I'll never forget how special that was. You were my first lil man, and Parker is my own lil man now, but you'll always be the first real lil man love of my life. Keep being you. You are so awesome. You may be quiet but you are so unique and kind and I am proud of you.

For Paige, to my lil twin, I love you so. When I look at you, I see my former self. Bubbly, over-dramatic, over-talkative, aspiring fame...I may not have made it to the big screen girl...but you certainly can. Do me proud and keep being the little entertainer you are.

For Gracie,  my sweet Grace. Riley was three weeks old when you were born, but that didn't stop me from coming to the hospital to meet you. From day one, you have been this sweet person who is full of love. You have a joy for life and family that is admirable. Keep doing good and keep trying new things...I know in time you'll find just the right thing that is going to lead you to some sort of stardom in your future.

For Riley, I can't say enough about you princess. You are well beyond your age in the way you think. Keep reading those books and keep singing those songs and keep dancing to the tune of life. You may be a writer, a teacher, a performer...any of those things I can see you doing. I can't wait until the day you find exactly what you want to do and are doing it successfully. You have the beauty and talent to achieve any dream. Keep being that amazing little girl you are and you will be successful.

For Parker, keep watching those races. Keep playing those sports. Keep making those funny faces and noises. Somehow, you are going to be a star; I just haven't figured out which stage it will be on. Either way, you sure are a fast learner and so in-tune with every thing that goes on around you. Not only have you found a love for racing and other sports, you fully comprehend them. You're going to be a star and I cannot wait until daddy and I are watching your debut.

For Tim, I just wish you happiness. With yourself. With me. With our family. I wish you success in your new racing season and cannot wait til you zoom across the finish line first. It will be an amazing day for our entire family. I hope you thrive in your career and maintain the love for it you have now. I look forward to this new year together, this new race season, and seeing more smiles and laughter from you in this new year.

And for my friends (you aren't forgotten), I just wish for you the happiness and health for you and your families. That each of you get the happiness you deserve and that everyone is finally content.

On a personal level, I hope to become the best person I can possibly be. I spent most of my 20s learning what kind of person I wanted to be and for the most part, hit most of the big stuff. There are still some little things to work on, and I plan on working hard to achieve those things.

I have no real New Year's resolution. I just want to continue on a path of bettering myself and the relationships in my life. That's all. Mostly, I just wish goodness on all my friends and family.

Happy New Year Everyone. I hope 2011 brings luck, happiness, and peace to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment